Sunday, February 5, 2012

SuperBowl Sunday

Superbowl Sunday at our house went by fairly uneventfully. The older kids went to feed cows. I made Donut Muffins  and scrambled eggs stuffed with veggies for breakfast. No plans for a Superbowl Party. We haven't watched T.V. in years so big viewing events like this are noticed and that's about it. We're boring that way.
Donut Muffins from 5 and Spice
Homemade chicken soup for lunch, then a long walk for me and the notsolittles and a brisk jog for dh. We ate popcorn for dinner. It's tradition.

KB then made cookies; chocolate chunk and double chocolate chunk. Oy vey.

Started reading Mr. Popper's Penguin's out loud. Fun book. Found a great little unit study over at HomeSchool Share. Great stuff! I'm going to pick stuff out by chapter and do a little bit of it at least.

Mr. Popper's Penguins,9780316058438

Found a great link to how to set up a Nature Center at home. Check it out here. I have the perfect spot for the drop leaf table to do this on.

Pinned Image

 I've been having too much fun on Pinterest. Have you joined the party yet?
Not only have I found some great homeschooling sites, but the house ideas, DIY and gardening pins have added to my gonna/want to do list!

Really cleaned the house yesterday; I even dusted, which is pretty radical for me ; ). Finally getting all of the Christmas stuff put away (we have 2 January birthdays, and for some reason, the celebrants both think that the tree needs to be around to herald their next year of life.).
Birthday parties are finally gonna happen this coming week-end! My Young-uns are growing up!

car

Watched FlyWheel tonight. It's the first of the Sherwood Pictures flicks, written, produced, directed and acted in by the Kendrick Bro's, produced in 2003. The writing and acting are pretty stiff but c'mon, it was created with $20,000 and has led to Facing the Giants, Fireproof and Courageous. I found it at Sam's and made a support purchase, but honestly, we like it. It's simple, basic and a lovely story of God's redemption.

Printed off weekly work forms for the kids from DonnaYoung.org and ready for Monday.
How was your week-end?

1 comment:

Swimtaxi said...

My daughter and I recently watched all four of the movies, "Flywheel", "Facing the Giants," etc. in one long lazy day.

We were exhausted that night from all the crying and sitting around, but it was a lovely day with my daughter.