Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy 18th Birthday!

Today is our oldest son's birthday. He is 18. His birth took place in a military training hospital. I wouldn't recommend it, though we both made it out alive.
He is the third child and first male. My theory was always that he would either love girls, or hate them.


As you can see from the photo below, I think he is veering towards the former.


My blog name for him is "Feeche" taken from the Wilderking series. The Feeche's are tree hugger- literally. They climb along the tree tops and are so brown and green that they are considered a different species. If you could witness this man-child's feet in the summer, you would understand how apropoe this name is.


Feeche is funny, gentle, kind, Godly, peace-loving, disciplined, intelligent, has a killer sense of strategy and loves literature- both reading and writing it! Everyone has always said how much he looks like his Dad, until they meet his Grandpa. But someone actually told me this summer that they could see how much he looked like me. He definitly got his eyebrows from my side of the family- along with his great comedic timing!

I have loved raising this boy, watching him grow in to the Man of God he is becoming. And I can't wait to see what God has in store for him in the years to come.
Happy Birthday, Dear Son!

No comments: