Saturday, June 11, 2011

On the Nightstand

I haven't posted a book review for a while though I've kept reading. Here's the latest:

I liked Ann Coulter's Godless: The Church of Liberalism. She presents a great apologetic for the atheistic underpinnings of Darwinism which I'll be adding to my high school student's apologetics reading list. Coulter is funny and no holds barred.  She's a self proclaimed Christian and willing to say it outloud.  Love that. Her writing is good and  highlights Coulter's acerbic wit. An interesting read and not at all what I was expecting.

Picked up Bloodroot by Amy Greene. It is a combo of Nell, The Glass Castle which I reviewed here,  and The Last Sin Eater.  Set in Appalachia, it's an intriguing story about legacies, curses, and craziness, blame and responsiblity. I loved the interplay of characters as well as the character development. Each chapter is told from the perspective of one of the characters and Greene did a great job of developing their unique voices and perspectives. There are some clever surprises as well. Very well written.

What are you reading these days?

No comments: