Sunday, July 18, 2010

Work, Work, Work

I, we, are overwhelmed by work. We are not strangers to work, like to work and are thankful for work. Our kids know how to work, they are joining in, they have done more than expected. But the tasks at hand right now are overwhelming. Dh is having a hard time sleeping and I am having a hard time facing the day. There is sooo much to do, not enough hands, and certainly not enough time.
Seems like the thing to do these days is to run marathons. I am in awe of the multitudes of women in my age category running marathons and competing in triathlons. They look lean and mean. I am sporting the tribal look, thanks to hours mudding and sanding drywall compound and am in a marathon of a whole different sort.
We are in a time, space and work crunch, feeling like we're in a trash compactor with no R2D2 standing by to save the day.

God is bigger than what we are facing. He has a good and perfect plan for us. This I know. I pray that He gives us the strength and time and energy to complete that which He has called us to do in this season.

2 comments:

rednanasteph's place said...

I vote for the tribal look. Listen, I have a secret to tell you. I wore a t shirt under my uniform today and no b#a!!! I am tired of being uncomfortable all day!!! I am definately tribal, the girls are headed south today!!!

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

You are cracking me up!! Tribal women unite = )!!!