Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nihil.Vita.

“But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, I announce to you today that you shall surely perish, you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life, that both you and your descendents may live, that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days. (Deut 30: 18-19)

Watched Expelled last night. It was disturbing. Athiesm is alive and well in the world and it is ugly; you are born, you die and life is determined; nothing beyond ourselves. Egad, that would be enough to cause me to want to off myself right there. A willing return to void, darkness, nothing.

Yessiree bob, God saved me from nihilism, that I know full-well. Thank God for Life, new life, this Life, Eternal Life. I choose LIFE.

photo from linnealenkus.com
There's a vote on Tuesday. The personal is political. If you're not privilaged to vote Yes on Initiative 11, pray for the state of South Dakota, which will be. Pray that eyes will see a personal choice in light of a political vote and Choose LIFE.

No comments: