Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cascading Blossoms Coming Soon!

I am planning my garden and so far it includes Vegetables, beets, potatoes, onions, squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin), green beans, tomatoes (cherry, plum and big boy), cabbage, zukes, cukes (pickling and french), eggplant, carrots, peppers (green, jalapeno), sweet corn.

Herbs: basil, parsley, cilantro, dill, oregano, sage, rosemary, thyme and lemon verbena. We''ll have chamomile and cat mint and hopefully apple and chocolate mint volunteer.

I also plan to add berry bushes: raspberry (to replace those lost to our new drain field last year) blackberry and blueberry (I found some cold climate blues-ohlala). Have I mentioned before that my Great  Uncle Lester owned a U-Pick blueberry farm in Northern Indiana? Happy, happy memories!

We have Fruit lying dormant, mulberries, rhubarb, grapes and a huge strawberry bed. The geese were flocking and honking and swishing and swirling today. A beautiful sight and the welcome sounds of spring!

And of course flowers. We'll have lilacs, white and purple and peonies,deep red, light pink and white, daisies and sedum (4 kinds), and iris and lilies, hostas (6 varieties) and of course, the new bridal wreath spireas that we planted last fall, and flax and more I won't remember till it comes up. Sigh, I can not wait. (have I mentioned that before?


I will sing for joy in God,
   explode in praise from deep in my soul!
He dressed me up in a suit of salvation,
   he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo
   and a bride a jeweled tiara.
For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers,
   and as a garden cascades with blossoms,
So the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom
   and puts praise on display before the nations.
Isaiah 62:10-11

What are you planning? What are you waiting for? 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get your cold climate blueberries? Can you post a link? I'm looking for some for our MN climate.
Beth

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

Beth, I'll go through the seed catalogs and let you know!

Unknown said...

We're planning on having a vegetable garden this year, and quite possibly starting our flower garden again. Time constraints play a huge part in our ability to actually garden. We are planning . . . we'll see how it goes. Nothing quite as ambitious as what you've got going on. =>

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

My committment to the garden skyrocketed yesterday when I paid $1.46 for ONE green pepper! ACK!
(and all of the flowers are annuals. I'll tuck in a few zinneas and anything else I can get away with but for the most part, those are in the ground)

servingHimblind said...

mouth is watering mouth is watering mouth is watering...
I can't wait until you can it all and send me a care package!!! (hint hint!) :-D