Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Playing in the Dirt

I think I'm finally recovered from last week. It wasn't just drama camp, it was two 2 hour afternoon classes, trying to finish up WWS. The boys were exhausted, I was tired, and it was too hard to try to cram homework in between driving to town, picnics in the park, memorizing lines and getting enough sleep. WWS is on hold till fall. Whew!

In other news we've been playing in the dirt! In the ground, cabbage, onions, green peppers, eggplant, cilantro, tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, watermelon, zucchini, acorn squash, carrots, cukes. I still need to get some more basil planted and I have pumpkins to try to squish in somewhere. We've expanded and are using the area where we burned down a shed a couple of years ago- we've been hauling trash and metal farm implements and ROCKS out of it since so I had my doubts about anything growing there. Howevah, potatoes are coming up! Our baby blueberry and raspberry bushes are still alive, and we've been harvesting strawberries and lettuce for 2 weeks. The asparagus is thriving but I think my choice of location was off.

Cub, Flower and I cleaned off the west side of the front porch. It seems trivial, but it's been the work area since last fall. It actually took several hours. All of the winter gear is stored, getting washed and one of the huge drawers in our built in locker is now dedicated to "summer stuff." Lots more plants in pots....everything swept and watered and tidied.

I'll be posting a new give-away this afternoon. I know I said it would be history, but it's jewelry- and it is beautiful! Stay tuned!

No comments: