Saturday, February 28, 2015

Koru Naturals- TOS Review

We recently had the good fortune to review two products from Koru Naturals
I am IN LOVE.

 


I have gone through more than my fair share of moisturizers in life. I have extremely dry skin to begin with and live on the Great Plains- think arid wind and cold. Even my kids with naturally oily skin can have split lips and cracked hands in the winter, depending on how dry it is and how much time they spend outdoors. Naturally, I was thrilled to get picked for this review. Also, as we We are steer farther away from products that add to the chemical load on our bodies, we are more interested in crunchy stuff in every area of life. But, it has to be affordable, right? This fits the bill all the way around, crunchy, all natural, and less than what I pay for most moisturizing products. 

I've tried tons of natural products but never Emu Oil. What was I waiting for? This stuff is amazing! It is light, non-greasy and super moisturizing. I've been using it as a nighttime moisturizer for my face, and applying it on my feet and elbows. I'm not sure why but when I fell a couple of months ago, I got a fever in my lower leg and it kept swelling on and off over a period of a couple of weeks. The end result was that the soles of my feet cracked. If it sounds painful, let me assure you that it was!  I've never had anything like that happen before, but Emu Oil., with the Koolpurrie Restoring Balm to the rescue. My poor, mangled soles of feet got swathed in this stuff twice a day and quickly healed! In fact, I think my feet are in better shape than they've been in years. 

Why is that you ask? Well, True Confessions- I'm a round the year sandal wearer from years of CA and NM living  and only wear socks under duress (such as winters on the Territories). I could take better care of my feet but I would rather not have socks on- who knows if that's a sensory issue, if I'm just old and quirky or I am channeling my inner Southern California girl. My feet  are now sandal worthy and actually match the cool polish jobs I get from my 12 year old girlie. 
 The Koolpurrie Restoring Balm is just that. I've also been using the Koolpurrie Restoring Balm on several patches of excema that no amount of elimination diet, supplements or coconut oil concoctions will clear up- one on the palm of my right hand- which, imagine, as a right-hander, is less than convenient. Guess what? Excemabgone. My skin is truly restored! Woot.

Neither of these products is gloppy, thick or slimy (all of which I hate). It takes a small amount (maybe a dimes worth) of the Emu oil to really cover your face, and throat. I did use more than that on my feet and then put a layer of the Koolpurrie Restoring Balm over top. But still, I've been using this stuff  for over a month and have barely made a dent in the amount still left. 

In fact, I have it in my purse right now, which my sons especially get liberal use from. They are both nature lovers and are outside in all types of weather, many times working with tools or at least doing target practice. Their hands, tough as they are, have been known to bleed in the winter from wind-burn. Koolpurrie Restoring Balm to the rescue! Their hands have weathered this winter with equanimity. 


If I sound like a total groupie for Koru Naturals, I am. I've looked long and hard for something this effective, this inexpensive, and this natural for years. The closest I've come is an un-petroleum jelly a crunchy friend sells locally. Koolpurrie Restoring Balm is even better because it is absorbed by your skin immediately and is cream based, instead of gel based (which I prefer). 

Great products for Men, women, boys and girls of all ages.  Koru Naturals offers other products as well, including lip balm. These would make terrific stocking stuffers, a great addition to a college care package, a shower gift for a new Momma or a sweet gesture to give to a hard working Homeschooling friend. and of course, grab a few things for Momma's purse. The prices is reasonable and the products amazing. This is a product we'll be using for a long time to come. 
Check out all of the great products from Koru Naturals, starting with these great products:
Emu Oil
Koolpurrie Restoring Balm
Pure Lanolin Lip Balms
New Zealand Pure and Simple Lanolin Cream
Manuka Oil and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/korunaturals
Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/korunaturals/


Koru Naturals Review


@Golden Grasses 2008-2013. All photographs, artwork and text are the property of the owner unless otherwise stated. Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Golden Grasses and get our articles right to your inbox!

No comments: