Sunday, February 22, 2015

Here, There & Everywhere


It's been a pretty crazy busy spring. January flew by at the speed of sound and February has zoomed by almost as fast.
*1*
Earlier in the week I drove to Denver and back for a quick 2 day training. I almost didn't make it as the day was a complete and total comedy of errors starting with a pancake flat tire (which the repairman could never fully explain) and ending with me at a different hotel than my training crew because they could find neither my name or an empty room on the rooster when I finally arrived at o'dark:30.
*2*
The first full day I was there, it was 60 degrees; clear, with a full view of the mountains and snow on the ground. Really lovely. But, I drove out in a hurry, with 4" of snow on my car, even though it was still sweater weather, as they expected a storm bringin with it a full foot of the powedery stuff.
Denver has to have the worst road signage in the history of city driving. Thankfully, I made it out alive, even though I feared getting stuck in Toll Road purgatory for a while. I was saved by parking lot purgatory and an OCD toll booth worker. Out on the prairie, it was less snowy and scenic and a whole lot more cold and clear- both overhead and signage wise.
*3*
Cub spent the week getting ready for TeenPact and we dropped him off tonight to travel and stay with good friends for the week. I didn't even get a picture of how cute he was in a suit and tie. He'll be gone all of this week, but we did spend the day together- even if it was mostly directed by finishing up and printing off homework.
*4*
Friends to the rescue, and Flower had a great time with some of her favorite peeps while I was gone. She did a few Essentials charts, a bare minimum of memory work, read The Wilderking Series (which is where the term, "Feeche" comes from) and made a cool mosaic at art class.
*5*
The boys went ballroom dancing and then DQ and the imitible Mr. A spent the night so he could go with. He is a whole lot of fun and I'm so glad he continues to hang out past Tantara!
*6*
It's -5 degrees tonight. 5 Degrees below zero. It feels as cold as it sounds.
*7*
Flowers Sculpey obessesion has not abated and we have every manner of clay dragon gracing the coffee table at any given time. She's branched out a bit and doing water color, since that has been the latest 6 week focus in CC.

How was your week?


 @Golden Grasses 2008-2013. All photographs, artwork and text are the property of the owner unless otherwise stated. Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Golden Grasses and get our articles right to your inbox!

No comments: