Wednesday, September 10, 2008

L'Chaim


Seekers, Repenters, and Love, Ann Voskamp's latest blog post over at "Holy Experience" left me in tears.
My son is studying Polycarp, who courageously stood and counted it an honor to die for Christ. I read to the littles the story of the Pilgrims and their brave words to give up everything that the fire that burned within might flame and carry it's warmth to a new land. I hear my oldest testify to God's power to wipe away fear as He calls her to a life of missionary work. And I weep. My friend, whom I love, is so lost. Like Ann says in her post I think I know what they are feeling, their thoughts, their hopes. But, I'm sure I don't. They describe thier self as a "radical liberal," and consorts with thoughts and experiences that I laugh and cringe and cry about. Knowing that I too am a fallen soldieress in the great battle. That I have succumbed to temptation, despair, grief, hurt and sin. Faith bears up. My great hope is that in the end I will be standing. That my friend will be standing. That love will conquer. Love will win. And my little bit of love and His great immense love will draw us in and we will Live. L'Chaim.

No comments: