Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer To Do's

After the fire I couldn't sleep. This is generally NOT my issue, but for about a year I didn't sleep well. I would wake up in the middle of the night, after falling asleep unreasonably late and get up early to face fatigue and anxiety. Then Dad died and it seemed I couldn't wake up. Our life has been dictated by some extremes. I have finally hit a groove again where I can fall asleep, stay there, and wake up in the morning. Thank-God. And believe me, that is a heart felt prayer. The choice between anxiety and depression was bitter and I'm glad to be back to plain old falling asleep.. I am feeling strong and sure again most days- for the first time in a year and a half and it's a good feeling to think about what to do and get done and not have 50 million doubts accusing me about the lack of importance or the why bothers. Anyway, I have finally made a list of "to dos." Of course, we have a master list of 'to-dos that is lengthy and expensive and might take us another 2-4 years. But my list is smaller and I hope, do-able this summer.

Sand, prime, paint buffet & hardware
Sand, prime & paint, decorate (Americana theme) enclosed front porch
level drain field dig
burn brush pile in south pasture, even and seed
haul rocks from field where the mongo-pile was leveled
burn chicken shed
seed fields and lawn
corner round, mud, tape master bedroom
mud, tape, small bedroom
mud, tape closet in H's bedroom
sand, paint, stain main stairs, guard rail and baseboards (paint the risers, clear stain on the treads)
sand, paint, stain attic stairs (chalkboard paint on the risers, color on the treads)
finish sanding drywall and paint laundry room area (have paint and accent color)
paint saying in laundry room area
garden- weed, harvest, put food by: strawberry jam, grape juice, pesto, tom. sauce, sauerkraut (?), herbs, etc.
Small bathroom-- touch up paint, add saying to the wall
Craig's list- pedestal sink and toilet, antique light fixtures (groan)
Sell gently used curriculum (groan again- I so don't want to go there, but I so want these 2 boxes turned in to cash).
paint light fixture for downstairs bathroom dk. brown
plan school for  fall/ includ. creative writing class if that makes
buy curriculum for fall
book a week
School- lite with kids.
Build from Ana's site: 2 leaning bookshelves, library cart, craft table (see my plan for a school room here), 2-4 cubby shelves.
Celebrate holidays and summer birthdays

O.k. Some of this will be easy and some of it will cook my grits. I'm a pretty task oriented person, much to my kids consternation, so now that my knee is actually listening to my brain's commands (bend, climb, walk, etc), I am back to my gestapo self of old. I have had to do quite a bit of bribing this week to get the notsolittles on board with my grande plan. They said they'd work better if we got them a pool. Not the little pool from last year (which Cub kindly offered to have me put on Craig's list) but the 10' x 4' one. We are actually considering it.

What on your list this summer? Bored? Come help me with mine ; )

No comments: