Thursday, November 13, 2008

Coffee Break.

KB and I have been inspired lately by some talented ladies- particulary Kelli, over at There's no place like home (see my blog roll for the link to her site). Below is a card KB made, complete with leaf rubbings, chalking, and actual leaf. The picture doesn't do the richness of the colors justice. Here is the accordian-style envelope card she is sending to her long-time pen-pal at college in TX. There are 5 pockets which she has filled with tea, candy, a thin beeeswax potpourri and a letter...

and "Smarties"! HaHa.


I just had to throw in a picture of our adorable pooch, Diamond. Isn't she wonderful? My dad bought her for the three of us with August b'days the year I was pregnant with Cub- she is my "hormone puppy" -an Akita by breed and THE best dog (if ya have to have a dog).

KB, Flower and I spent yesterday evening making paper crafts and then creating a Thanksgiving corner. Below is one of the lovely built-ins that we immediately fell in love with when we looked at our house. Sorry the pictures are so blurry- I can't seem to figure out how to keep the camera stead enough! The cross stitch heart on the left is one of several that I made years and years ago in CT when Miss R was a baby.

What are you doing to cozy up your corner of the world?






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card and a neat idea for sending little somethings.

Christine said...

I really like the card! Your fall banner is so cute too! I just made a fall banner for the first time this year. Thank you for sharing. =O)

Kelli said...

I love the leaf card and your banner is wonderful, too!
~Kelli

Kate said...

I just scrolled through your first page - what a lovely home and family you have!
Warmly,
Kate