Sunday, September 20, 2009

Claiming Truth

small. feeble. crumpled. frail.
I am crushed by 2 manys.

2 many doubts, fears, demands, what ifs.
Too many worries
lack
need
hopes deferred
dreams gone rancid.

My trust is week. feeble, like myself.
I turn from the obvious.
Seek.
Find.
Knock at the door.


Wind words blow and the stench of fetid 2 manys
festered wounds
selfish weakness
my own sin
are blown away.
To the east and to the west.
I stand because He spoke.
Life. Truth.
A pebble for a gift
and on it is written
A new name.
No longer
failure
deceiver
sinner
But now
beloved child
hope restored
faithful
wise

I stand.
Religion for a crutch? I laugh at the accuser.
Christ for My I Am.

I am won. By Him.
I am one. With Him.
His glory - covers me.
His light -restores me.
His path- guides me.
His breath - cleanses me.
I AM.
The One.True. Living. God.
I claim Him for my own.

Little idols made of sticks and stones.
security
comfort
beauty
wealth
success
power.
Betrayers.
I bury them with Jacob under the Terebinth tree
and choose I Am.
Trusting. Hoping.
Claiming my new name.
Claiming Him.

No comments: