Monday, October 6, 2014

Classical Conversations Review Games

My big wins for memory review have been matching games.
Popsicle sticks for states and capitols. Once they are matched to the postal abbreviation, the kids have to name it and point it out on the map.
More match-ups with Latin/English. I got fancy this week and printed Latin on colorful card-stock, but it's easy enough with 2 x 4s and a sharpie.

Time-line cards in order, with the caveat that they can't sing the song as they match. My group of Master's kids have the song down cold, but I want them to be able to do the time-line without it as well. Each group did great working as teams and I loved how they divided and conquered the timeline. This last week we were at 28 cards. I thought they'd all be fastest on this matching game, but not always!

To really make it more fun, I have 3 stations and 2 groups of 2-3 and they race against each other. They loved the race aspect of it and nobody cared that they weren't racing against the same things.

@Golden Grasses 2008-2013. All photographs, artwork and text are the property of the owner unless otherwise stated. Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Golden Grasses and get our articles right to your inbox!

No comments: