Friday, February 8, 2013

Working It

*1*
School consisted of Sequential Spelling, RS German, Saxon Math, Perplexors, GC Physics, Apologia's Anatomy and Physiology (check my review coming up!) and General Science as well as Pre-Physics and for Cub and Tiner's Bio for Flower. Feeche started EIW's 11th grade (12th isn't out yet), reading the Economist, and scholarship essay writing, along with Artistic Pursuits. Oh yeah, and Lone Star's Target the Question, which is brilliant, imho. Loving the real life- math application!

*2*
Red Falcons Of Tremoine
Read-aloud of the week is Red Falcons of Tremoine published by Bethlehem Books. We have a fair number of their books in our library due to our willingness to conference vend for them and their generosity. We have loved each and every one. If you aren't familiar with their company, do yourself a favor and go to their web-site here.
Feeches also deep into Lawhead again and I made it through My Life, Deleated , a memoir of former NFL player Scott Bolzan, who slipped, lost consciousness and woke up with retro-grade amnesia. Still working on Lavinia by LeGuin.

*3*
Rocking it since 86', baby!
Photo: Do you disagree?

*4*
 
*5*
The weather was much warmer this week with a high of 43 on Wednesday. What's 50-60 degrees between 24 hours (or 12?).  Blizzard scheduled for this week-end. Joy.
 
*6*
Valentine's Day is coming up and because of a CBD DVD we watched years ago about St. Valentine, I always associate it with conversion and Christ. Who, after all, is at the heart of true love. I recently came across Rosario Butterfield's compelling story and I am touched by it's sweet, humble and honest beauty.
Rosaria Champagne Butterfield shares about true love: My Train Wreck Conversion;
"As a leftist lesbian professor, I despised Christians. Then I somehow became one."
 
She goes on to write, "There is a biblical principle that lies behind my confusion (regarding her realization that, at 39, she was too old to bear children): people whose lives are riddled with unrestrained sin act like rebellious children. Sin, when unrestrained, infantilizes a person. Here I had thought that I was so mature, so capable, so “important” in the world, and the truth remains that I didn’t even know how to act my age! After conversion, I was surprised to discover how old I really was." The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert: an English professor’s journey into the christian faith (Pittsburgh: Crown & Covenant, 2012),
 
*7*
 Don't forget Share It Saturday- We had a GREAT turn-out last week with over 100 links! Woot! Many of them are holiday inspired - check out last week and this for Valentines Day inspiration!
 
 
 

No comments: