Monday, April 12, 2010

"Hello. My name is..."

Just read an inspiring post over at Robin's Nest: http://robinchaddock.blogspot.com/ Robyn Chaddock is the author of several books, including a one I really, really like, titled "Discover Your Divine Assignment." http://www.amazon.com/Discovering-Divine-Assignment-Step-Step/dp/0736915761We are all about Vision here at the Gracious Heart Homestead & School and this book is a fine one for really nailing down what it is you are called and created for. I'm getting clarity on some projects, after my many months of burrowing, and went to her blog via web-site for some direction. This post is based on the infamous line from Princess Bride, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die." Her version: "My name is Robyn Chaddock. I am a writer. Prepare to read." I love it! I'm adopting it. Cause I'm a writer. Hopefully a good one, but regardless, I am. Somehow writing clarifies things for me. More importantly, it is an act of worship, as odd as that might sound. But I know friends like Zigrid and James who worship through art totally get what I mean, as does Ann http://www.aholyexperience.com/who has it on her side-bar. And I'm getting clear, clearer, clearest what to focus on and how.
We had a friend, years ago in seminary, who was a beauty. Long, wavy black hair, tall and assured. She was a striking figure and dressed well. She told people that she was a pastor, long before she was ever ordained, and certainly before she had graduated. I always thought it took some nerve on her part, declaring what wasn't even yet true, and often wondered if she stated it just for the effect. She hardly looked the part. But, she was clear about her purpose and vision, so she declared it. It's who she was. She knew it. It wasn't' so much bold, assured and courageous, just clear and succinct. She kept the goal in front of her; eyes on the prize. Which is just good, solid Christian living.
With that being said, I'd like to introduce myself,
"Hello, my name is Lisa. I am a writer. Prepare to read."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I've had a blast reading...love the book reviews!