Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heavenly Treasures

I offer my mite
and know that I've given enough.
It seems so much
compared to what I have.

My Lord smiles at me.
Lovingly, His deep resonate voice speaks
One Word.
More.

More?
I've given so much, more than enough.

He smiles. Pure love.
For me.
And breathes.
One Word
More.

I protest.
Do you not see the others?
In their finery and pride.
What they've given is left overs. They won't even miss it.
It's not a sacrifice. It's not from what they need.

He smiles.
Pure Love.
This story is all yours. Why compare?
He shows me another.
With less. Giving More.
and I know the question.
Would He compare me to her?

No, I slowly shake my head.
But I'm tired. I've worked hard. Certainly I deserve a rest.
No more worries. No more stress.
No more giving this when that demands a payment.
I plead.
Whine. Cry.

He smiles.
Pure love.
For me.
Despite what I give.
Despite how I whine.
No demands.

His holy presence, though, is question enough.
I can not breathe. Sleep. Go about my day.
What more?
He breathes the answer.
Wind words touch the air around me, convey to my heart His answer;
Everything. All that you have. All that you are.
Nothing held back.

I gasp. Too much, Lord. Too much. You demand too much.
You can't mean my ideas, hopes, dreams, stuff, family, kids?
You can't mean that.
What will be left?
Who will I be.

He smiles. Pure Love.
And I know. He won't take what I won't give.
His love is steadfast and true. He is reliable.

He invites me deeper in to His adventure.
Unfathomable mysteries await
Where hidden manna is served
And new names, written on pure white stones, are given.

But my hands on my stuff hold me back. My heart with my treasure ground me.

He waits. Patient and Sure.
Pure Love.
For me.
And smiles.
He is compelling.
Beautiful.
Beauty itself.
I am dazzled. Suddenly sure.

More of you Lord.
Your Righteousness.
Your goodness.
Your mercy.
Your beauty.
You.

Wind words lovingly unclench my fingers.
Those that gripped too tightly are gently removed.
People, stuff, hopes- released.

Just He and I now. Unfettered by all that I brought.
My mite has grown, consuming dross.

I offer it up.
He smiles.
Pure Love.
For me.
And on His breathe the words, "Well done."

~
And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. So He said, Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all, for all these out of their abundance have put in offering for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had. Luke 21: 1-4

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some for the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it. Revelation 2:17

His Lord said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord. Matthew 25:23

No comments: