Friday, March 6, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

*1*

I am torn in my thinking and trying to make sense of those who are earnestly being humble, seeking to follow and glorify Christ, and those who are "power brokers." Those who "make things happen," who justify the means by the end, who brush off the humble, cater to the wealthy and self promote. It seems like such a juxtaposition and my brain is having a difficult time wrapping itself around the concept of being about power, but also Godly humility. IRL does this happen?
*2*
Today's co-op classes were a blast. I love IEW and I love teaching writing. It is a joy to have engaged, happy, intelligent students.
*3*
Contacted 3 state reps this week about an upcoming vote that I believe strongly about. Each and every one contacted me back; 2 by email and 1 by phone. The power of the people.

*4*
Heat wave this week. It was a glorious 50 something today. Balmy weather, clear skies, happy children and budget enough to get a little extra. The notsolittles agonized at StuffMart over how to spend their bit o' money and finally settled on a set of kitties for Flower and another Bionicle for Cub. FecheBoy spent the evening creating Bionicle monsters that he kept perching in my hair. Eww. Flowers new little "thing" is to snuggle up to Viking Man or I and purr. Too darn cute. Meanwhile Cub and FecheBoy are attacking me with neon colored and vile creatures. Whoever doesn't believe in gender differences never lived with both.
*5*
Salad. One of my favorite things. Tear Romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Add grape tomatoes, olives, chopped avocado, shredded carrots and celery, a little fresh Parmesan cheese and some low-fat Ceaser salad dressing. A delish dish designed to delight.
*6*
Saturday prayer is one of my favorite hours of the week. Our prayer coordinator always picks 45 minutes of music that is worshipful, acoustic, meditative or challenging and 4-20 of us pray for 3/4 of an hour for the week-end services. I love it. It is one of my favorite hours of the week.
*7*
College Woman made the Dean's List her first semester. She'll have finished 41 credits her first year of college while working 20+hours. I believe that she is a woman with a mission. We are proud of you, Miss R, for all that you've done but we LOVE YOU because of who you are! Check out what she's up to at her blog: http://servinghimblind.blogspot.com/2005/08/howdy.html
*8*
and an extra for KB who is not only beautiful on the outside but a sweet and gentle spirit with a heart of fire.

Hop on over to Conversion Diary to participate in 7 Quick Takes, too: http://www.conversiondiary.com/2009/03/7-quick-takes-friday-vol-24.html

1 comment:

rednanasteph's place said...

Sounds like a great week. College Girl found my blog and said howdy to me. You do so much for your family. What a woman!!!