Thursday, February 19, 2009

Government Schools, the Real World and 2 Million Minutes

News flash: Government schools don't deliver.

The entitlement culture has made it's way into our colleges and universities. Universities are now conducting seminars that “are meant to help students think differently about their classes and connect them to real life,” Professor Brower said. Many students believe that if they work hard and show up for classes they deserve an "A". Read more about it here

I know I've mentioned the 2 Million Minutes Project before but I've been thinking about it a lot again as I'm planning school for next year. http://www.2mminutes.com/lesson-plan/default.html My educational goals for the kids are to pursue their passions and callings, be "globally competitive," and have vocational training. It's a lot to think about and attempt. I know we'll fail and fall behind but I also know that everything is created twice. So, I can dream and scheme and hope to God that He will guide our path and perhaps, out of our vision, our children will be prepared for what's to come.

No comments: