1) We did school. Math, Science, Writing, Reading, Geography, History. We went to Tutoring Center, where the boys took classes (poetry, history, geography, science, writing, chemistry, Lit and Oral Interp). We'll be going to co-op where the kids will sing (I am loving Cub singing Handel's Messiah throughout the house!!), create art; Cubs class made the coolest paper mache birds! and participate in a unit study (Flower is taking geography and has fascinating facts to share each and every week. They just finished up South America and she has not stopped talking about Mrs. H's , who hails from Brazil, presentation for 2 weeks! Feche is taking Financial Peace- a perfect unit study for High Schoolers. Ballroom dancing has made it into the week's extra curriculars and my lanky 16 year old, who is constantly in motion, has discovered that he loves to dance. Move over Fred Astaire!
Sunrise coming home from the airport.
2) We hosted the Electrician and Plumber this week. Can you hear me singing "Ode to My Dishwasher?" We worked on the house. Our new door knobs, polished silver, look smashing against the mocha stained poplar wood doors and trim.
3) We spent hours at the airport, waiting on KB, who was trying to get re-routed due to our "Weather Event" We got up at the crack of dawn to take KB to the airport the day after her scheduled flight. She is back in GA as Campaign Barbie.
4) We made paper snowflakes in honor of the first snowfall of the year. Flower was mesmerized and cut paper for hours this week.
Flower and Friend showing off their S.American Llamas.
5) We watched movies. Loving Leah (which I highly recommend) and Back When We Were Grown-ups (which we liked but it didn't rock our world) and Feche's Shakespeare class spent an evening with Kenneth Branaugh and King Henry V.
6) We read. Feche- The Last of the Mohican's; Cub- Signing Their Lives Away; Me-Obama Nation. Out loud- Meet the Remarkable Adams Family. Feche would like to edit the entire Romantic Period. I find this funny because his writing pseudonym should be "Ramble Man."